I welcome you all to Convergence Information Society(CIS). With established competitive research capacity, a dynamic tradition of learning, and a pleasant environment, our institution actively participates in the development of convergence information technologies and offers top-notch academic space for the world's technological perspective. CIS, despite its comparatively young history and tradition, is one of the country's renowned private research institutions.
Since its founding in 2005 as an Advanced Institute of Convergence Information Technology, it has enjoyed the most rapid development in the research areas of information technology convergence and hybrid systems, taking full advantage of its vantage reputation gained in many international conferences like ICCIT, ICIS, NCM, NISS, and etc.
Staffed with excellent full-time researchers and equipped with premium technological facilities, our institution has produced highly-rated research results which have emerged as new technological leap in respective fields. In line with CIS's pioneering spirit, our research team has introduced innovative technological approaches and outstanding research papers, in-depth academic quests, and a pleasant working environment, making it the 21st century's future-oriented research institution.
Amid the various changes brought about by globalization, advancements in information technology, and the special challenges of our country's open-door policy, we at the CIS concentrate on making our researchers become fully competent in their respective fields, helping them gain practical knowledge and a cosmopolitan outlook to enable them become effective in their research perspectives in the real world. In addition, the institution’s progressive research capability inculcates in our fresh ideas the confidence to face and even challenge the future. On the occasion of these achievements, the CIS has formulated new visions to meet the demands of the times. With its medium- and long-term plans and strategies, and with the determined support of the management, researchers, and full-time members, CIS's future is very bright.
Again, I welcome all of you to CIS. Thank you for your support, affection, and encouragement.
Franz I. S. Ko, Ph.D.
- President, CIS (Convergence Information Society, Registered and Approved by Korea Government (105-82-21645))
- President, KCII (Knowledge & Culture Industry Institute, Registered and Approved by Korea Government (617-86-08177 ))
- General Chair (Korea Region), New York, MOEMS (Mathematics Olympiad for Elementary and Middle School)
- Honorary General Director, IBC, Cambridge, England (Great Britain)
- Invited Researcher, ETRI
- Professor, DongA University (Department of the Management Information)
- Professor, Dongguk University (Department of the Computer Engineering)
- Vice President, The World Congress of Arts, Sciences and Communications, Cambridge, England (Great Britain)
- Listed in the International World Class Biographical Dictionary (IBC(International Biography Centre, Cambridge, England), Marquis
Who's Who in the World (USA), ABI(America Biographical Institute, USA))
- President, Advanced Institute of Convergence Information Technology (Registered and Approved by Korea Government (617-80-24272))
- Vice Chair, China-Korea IT and NT Association
- Organization and/or Program Chair (more than 20 International Conferences by IEEE, IEEE CS, ACM and International and Local
- Keynote Speaker/Invited Talker (more than 20 International Conferences, Symposiums, Workshops (UK, Poland, Singapore, Korea,
China etc..))- Editor-in-Chief on the International Journals (JCIS, IJIPM etc..)
- Workshop Chair (more than 20 International Conferences (UK, Poland, Singapore, Korea, China etc.. on the KES, KES-AMSTA, ICCS, ICCSA
- Special Issue Editor (more than 20 International Journals (Information Sciences(ELSEVIER), FGCS(ELSEVIER), JUCS etc..))
- Published more about 30 IT Books (Java Programming, Network Programming, SQL Server, VC++.NET, JSP, Web server Programming,
Game and Project)
- Person in Charge on the more than 20 Korea Government's Projects
- Person in Charge on the more than 20 Global Companies' Projects (SAMSUNG Electronics Co., SAMBO Computer, DAEWOO Co.)
- Consultant (Person in Charge on the Consulting Project (ERP Template Design and Development Project (DAEWOO, SAMBO Computer